CHILD & ADOLESCENT SERVICES & SUPPORT
- A resource for families with children and adolescents dealing with an eating disorder.
- An excellent place to go for parents needing support in helping their children through recovery.
- Offers numerous intensive short-term and long term programs backed by years of rigorous research for all facets of eating disorders in children, adolescents and adults as well.
- This facility offers free inpatient care with commensurate involvement in their ongoing research studies. Support child, adolescent and adult treatment for eating disorders.
PSYCHOLOGICAL RESOURCES& TREATMENT MODALITY INFORMATION RELEVANT FOR RECOVERY EFFORTS
- Under "Find a Therapist" you will find a map listing all CBT registered therapists around the world.
- Under "Search the Registry" you can search for a HAES-approved health care provider in your area.
- Under "Therapist Referrals" you will find registered therapists from around the world.
- Gives you some resources and orientation on what MI is about.
- Under "Provider Registry" you can find accredited therapists by state for the U.S.
- Explanation of this treatment approach and its use in various trauma-based therapies.
- I often refer patients to this site because so many therapists offer online (Skype) sessions so you could consider a therapist not in your geographic location who offers the type of treatment approach that is of interest to you. The search tool allows you to search by treatment approach as well as geographic location.
NATIONAL EATING DISORDER ASSOCIATIONS BY COUNTRY
Many national association websites have great resources for finding help for recovery if you poke about. Keep in mind that many of these associations don't necessarily adhere closely to science-based materials, but their online resources pages are often useful.
- National Eating Disorder Collaboration
- The Butterfly Foundation
- Eating Disorder Association (Queensland)
- Eating Disorders Association of South Australia
- National Eating Disorder Information Centre (NEDIC)
- National Initiative for Eating Disorders (NIED)
- Eating Disorders Foundation of Canada (EDF)
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Eating Disorders
- Looking Glass Foundation (British Columbia)
- Eating Disorder Support Network (Alberta)
- Eating Disorder Hope: Treatment and Information Resources
- Bulimia Anorexia Nervosa Association
- Dietitians of Canada: Eating Disorder Resources
- Eating Disorders Association of NZ
- Central Region Eating Disorder Services
- Ministry of Health Links for Eating Disorder Support and Services
- Beating Eating Disorders (BEAT)
- National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Anorexia and Bulimia Care
- North East Eating Disorders Support
- Eating Disorders Support Groups
- More Links and Support for Eating Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- Academy For Eating Disorders (AED)
- Numerous National Associations as listed by Mirror-Mirror
- ED Referral and Information Center
Please note there may be inaccurate information below as I cannot always read the material when it is presented in the national language.
SEARCH FOR ADDITIONAL COUNTRY SERVICES
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES, LINKS, FORUMS AND SERVICES
- When the forums were on hiatus, many members joined and remain active on these forums.
- A long-running, established and pro-recovery support forum.
- Useful link offered up by a forum member where you can read first-person reviews of both residential and inpatient/stepped/outpatient facilities.
- A brilliant set of printable cards that Ragen Chastain has developed to help you navigate rampant fattism in the medical profession.
These blogs offer different lenses and interpretations on eating disorder science and recovery, as well as excellent antidotes for pervasive cultural fattism, healthism and ableism.
Dr. Cynthia Bulik
Dr. Julie O'Toole and Morgan O'Toole-Smith